Blackcard Construction projects are organized and highly structured endeavors. Whether the project consists of building a custom home or renovating a religious building, each project has many moving parts that must be precisely coordinated. At Blackcard Construction, we have phases in the construction management process. From design, planning, and scheduling, to the build itself, each phase is complicated and part of a more complex overarching process to make it as seamless as possible for our clients. We work closely with clients to find solutions to fit their specific needs. Blackcard Construction can work with clients at any stage of the project required, from design team selection and area site plans, to regulatory approvals and building programming. We can tailor fit a team specific to each clients project.
Preconstruction is the phase that can begin sometimes multiple years before the build begins. Proper time and planning prior to moving significant construction resources is critical to the success of the construction project. As with everything in construction project management, there’s a process, meetings, checklists, and more. The preconstruction phase in construction project management refers to the preliminary planning and engineering services that we implement before construction begins. Blackcard Construction starts by defining the project, outlining deliverables and identifying risks. This phase also includes planning and scheduling the scope and cost estimation by analyzing the job’s needs. Blackcard Construction has years of proven ability to assemble project specific teams critical for the success of the project.
As General Contractors, we will oversee the daily operations of the job site and provide the equipment, materials and labor required for the execution phase of the construction project. We combine hiring subcontractors with our own skilled labourers to execute specific tasks.
– Supervising the work of subcontractors
– Setting up job site safety protocols
– Applying for building permits and licenses
– Disposing construction waste
– Managing personnel on the construction site
– Monitoring construction daily reports
– Communicating with the project owner and construction Project Manager
We can provide these services in 4 basic contract types but will stick within a costing method from the preconstruction phase through to completion.
– Lump Sum Contract: A lump sum contract or fixed price contract, defines a total price for the completion of the project.
– Cost Plus Contract: Cost plus fee contracts are made of two parts: a fixed fee that’s agreed upon by the project owner and the contractor, plus additional costs that are added as the project progresses.
– Time and Materials Contract: This type of contract is used when there’s uncertainty about the project scope. The general contractor charges an hourly rate for labor and materials cost plus.
– Unit Pricing Contract: Used when costs can’t be determined ahead of time, it sets unit prices for materials.
Blackcard Construction has developed and hired some of our leadership personnel from various skilled labour positions. We can scale up our labour force based on the project and provide the executional leadership to often times outperform certain subcontracted trades in both time and cost. These situations will be communicated upfront to our clients to let them know some of the synergies that can exist when hiring us vs. other General Contractors. We also have been widely used by other General Contractors who do not have their own labour teams as partners in completing high value projects. Ultimately, based on the region and the project, we can determine which parts of the projects will most effectively be handled by our own crews. Most importantly, when using a self perform construction company, clients can expect a more controlled schedule of tasks. Each project needs to be properly planned in the preconstruction and bidding process to determine the right fit.
To facilitate all services we provide, we use the latest in construction software to maintain the variables of each project. The construction industry is continually innovating and we are always attempting to stay ahead of the curve by attending worldwide conventions where new technologies and solutions are presented. Our focus is on fair and accurate Scheduling, Budget/Estimating, Tracking/Auditing, Communication Platforms and Change Order Controls.